Evolutionary biology, in contrast with physics and chemistry, is a historical science, the evolutionist attempts to explain events and processes that have already taken place. Laws and experiments are inappropriate techniques for the explication of such events and processes. Instead one constructs a historical narrative, consisting of a tentative reconstruction of the particular scenario that led to the events one is trying to explain.
All models are wrong, but some are useful.
[George E. P. Box]
Let’s discuss this.
Present and previous employes | place of work
• LOEWE Centre for Translational Biodiversity Genomics, Senckenberg, Frankfurt
• Institute for Insectbiotechnology, Justus Liebig University of Gießen,
• Fraunhofer IME, Gießen
• Institut for Biology, University of Leipzig, Germany
• Natural History Museum London, Department of Life Sciences, United Kingdom
• Protec Sardinia, Cala Gonone, Sardinia, Italy
• Center for Molecular Biodiversity, Researchmuseum Alexander Koenig Bonn, Germany
• University of Bonn, Researchmuseum Alexander Koenig Bonn, Germany
|Impressum | Dr. B v. Reumont, Gießen, Deutschland, Germany, Please notice that all pictures and videos on this page are my courtesy and that I own the copyrights. Pictures were taken with Nikon coolpix 950, 995, Nikon D200, Nikon D300s, Lumix DMC-TZ10, Canon EOS500. I am not responsible for any illegal content of sites that are linked.|