Evolutionary biology, in contrast with physics and chemistry, is a historical science, the evolutionist attempts to explain events and processes that have already taken place. Laws and experiments are inappropriate techniques for the explication of such events and processes. Instead one constructs a historical narrative, consisting of a tentative reconstruction of the particular scenario that led to the events one is trying to explain.
All models are wrong, but some are useful.
[George E. P. Box]
Let’s discuss this…
Previous and present employes | place of work
• University of Leipzig, Institut for Biology, Leipizg, Germany
• Natural History Museum London, United Kingdom
• Protec Sardinia, Technical Cave diving facility, Cala Gonone, Sardinia, Italy
• Center for Molecular Biodiversity, ZFMK Bonn, Germany
• University of Bonn, ZFMK Bonn, Germany